Fall Flavors Make U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Shine
|NewsUSA) – As autumn brings that special nip into the air, Americans start looking for hearty dishes. But a filling meal doesn’t have to mean a dish high in fat and calories — a lean fish can bring plenty of flavor to the table.|
Take U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish. These fish are raised on a specially formulated diet of whole grains, ensuring a mild and clean flavor. Nutritious U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets are high in protein and low in saturated fat.
See how seasonal flavors complement catfish with this recipe for Potato Crusted Catfish with Granny Smith Apple & Jalapeño Glaze:
Potato Crusted Catfish with Granny Smith’s Apple & Jalapeño Glaze
Makes 2 servings
2 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
2 medium sized potatoes, peeled and cut in paper-thin slices
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon Creole Mustard
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon cider vinegar
4 tablespoons olive oil
For the glaze
1/4 cup apple jelly
1 tablespoon water
1/2 apple, peeled and diced
1/2 jalapeño, seeded and diced
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix together mustards, honey and vinegar.
3. Spread the mustard mixture over the tops of the catfish fillets; arrange potato slices over the mustard, pushing down gently.
4. Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Place the catfish potato side down into the pan. Cook four to five minutes.
5. Remove the fillets, and place them on a baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake 12 minutes, or until potatoes are golden and fish is cooked through.
6. Remove the catfish from the oven to a serving plate.
7. Take a small sauce pan, and combine glaze ingredients. Warm slightly and drizzle over the fillets.